ALEC Required Application Materials:
- GRE (required)
- Resume/CV (required): Your vitae should include a complete account of your academic and professional history along with your community activities, service, accomplishments, and awards.
- Faculty: Review current ALEC faculty and their research areas. Within the application, you will be asked to identify at least one (max 3) faculty member(s) in this department with whom you would like to work. Also address faculty interest alignment in Personal Statement as described above.
- Personal Statement (required):
- Describe 1 to 3 personal and professional goals or objectives, and how this degree will help you achieve them.
- Describe how your past experience (work, volunteer, research, etc.) provides you a context for studying in this field.
- Describe how your interests align with research, extension, and/or creative activity of each of the ALEC faculty you list in the Faculty section.
- Writing Sample (required): Provide a writing sample that demonstrates your scholarly writing ability, for example a term paper, thesis, or published article.
The ALEC Graduate Committee will only consider application materials that are complete by February 1.
If you have any further questions about the application process, please contact Jennifer Greenlee, ALEC Graduate Secretary, at (402) 472-2807 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org