The Leadership Option is multidisciplinary, designed to develop students for training and leadership positions in organizations and agencies involved in the agriculture industry. The 120-hour curriculum focuses on the development of communication skills, teaching strategies, and leadership capabilities within various contexts in preparation for community roles.
|College:||College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources|
|Degree||Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communication|
What You'll Learn
Graduates of agricultural leadership, education and communication – Leadership Option will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of leadership theories, models, and behaviors to solve problems in agricultural and environmental sciences fields and beyond.
- Develop competence to apply leadership skills at the individual, team and organizational/community levels.
- Develop critical thinking skills to analyze and evaluate leadership issues in complex and global environments.
- Develop a level of self-awareness as well as the cognitive and emotional ability to effectively work with and develop people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Develop and implement a personal plan for transfer of knowledge, skills, and behaviors gained to career/professional life via a guided capstone internship.
- Extension Educator
- Human Resources
- Adult Leadership Training and Development
- Youth and Team Development Coordinator
- Non-Profit Work