Register for the Nebraska FFA Convention and Career Development Events
You must register for the Nebraska FFA Convention and Career Development Events using the online system. Please be sure to read all the instructions below so you successfully register your teams between March 1 - 15. Registration will close on March 15 by 4:00 p.m. (CDT).
FFA Convention and CDE Registration Instructions
- After logging in, verify the information is correct in “Step #1 – My Information,” including the teacher information. Update the list of students located in the “My Students” button to be sure it includes all students who will participate in FFA Convention competitive events and CDEs. Use the “Add Student” button in the top-right to add additional students. Please do not delete students from this list unless they no longer attend your school.
- Choose “Step #2 – Event Registration” and scroll down to see the list of FFA Convention and Career Development Events. Choose an event and drag students to fill the participant and alternate spots.
- Choose "Step # 3 – Summary” to view what you've registered. NOTES: You may register at any point before March 15 at 4:00 CT, and may modify your registration (add/delete) during that timeframe. You do NOT check-out to complete your registration. Whatever is in the system at the end of the registration period is your official registration.
Registration Notes and Tips
- All programs must register in General Registration with an estimated number of students participating in the convention. There is no cost for general registration.
- Teachers should also register the following students in this system: CDEs - participants & alternates, LDEs - qualifiers, MS Quiz Bowl - up to 4 teams of 4 members, Chapter Delegates - 2 per chapter, and all Proficiency and Star Finalists - lists will be available after March 8.
- Important Notice about Student Email Address Requirement:
This year, all students competing in any event listed above will need to have access to the Nebraska FFA Competitive Event Website. During the registration process, the advisor will need to have their students' email addresses. After registration closes, students will receive an email from the Nebraska FFA Competitive Events Website to access competitive events (see below).
TIP: Get your student’s email addresses from FFA.org. Log in to your chapter’s profile. Select “Student/Member Data” along the left side column. Select the “Current Membership Roster” tab, and click the “2020-2021 Student/Member Roster” button. That will download an Excel document with your chapter roster. Column S in that document has the students' email addresses.
Important: If your student has a school email address and they cannot accept email from outside senders, please have these whitelisted with your school to allow emails to come into the student accounts: nextthought.com and alerts.nextthought.com. Emails to set a password from the FFA Competitive Event website come from these senders.
If your student has a Gmail or other personal email account listed, please make sure they can access this at school.
- CDE-specific Notes:
- District NAEA Chairpersons will identify district-qualified teams. You will not be able to register your qualified teams until they are identified by the district chairperson. If you think that you should be able to register a team but it is not listed, please contact your District NAEA Chairperson, as they are the only person who can mark which teams have qualified.
- Only registered alternates will be allowed to substitute the day of the event. Be sure to fill your alternate spots!
- CDE events with multiple sections are assigned to you based on your district. Check the CDE Schedule to see when and where your school will participate.
- FFA Events (general registration, LDE, Quizbowl, Delegates, Proficiency, and Star Finalists) are all free for 2021.
- CDE Invoices will be generated and emailed to teachers after registration closes. The cost is $6.00/participant, alternates are free. DO NOT SEND PAYMENT BEFORE RECEIVING THE EMAILED INVOICE! A copy of the invoice should be included with the check.
- Changes can be made until the registration deadline. After that, no refunds will be issued.
- Payment must be postmarked by May 1 to avoid late fees.
- Your username is your firstname.lastname (ex. john.smith).
- If you do not remember your password or are a new teacher, enter your username and click the "Forgot your password?" link and a temporary password will be instantly emailed to you. If you do not receive your password within two minutes, email or call the CDE Student Coordinators (see below).
Need Help or Have Other Registration Questions?
Contact the CDE Student Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org (402. 937. 0233) with questions!
Resolving a Scheduling Conflict with a CDE
At times, students participating in CDEs may have a scheduling conflict with another event. Please answer the following questions to see if your CDE team may be able to "swap" sections to resolve the scheduling conflict. All "swaps" must be made and communicated to the CDE office by Thursday, March 18 at 5:00 p.m. CDT using the process below.
Does the scheduling conflict involve a CDE?
- If yes, click here to see if the CDE offers multiple time slots/sections based on District numbers. (Note: for 2021, only Ag Technology & Mechanics, Food Science, and Livestock Management have multiple sections.)
- If yes, would swapping with a school from a different time slot/section/District solve the issue?
- If yes, see which schools have been identified from that other section:
- Contact the teacher with whom you would like to swap to see if they would agree with the change. TIP: To easily do so from the links above, click the "Email District XX Participants" button and then click the "Copy Contact List" button and paste the email addresses into a new email. You may copy multiple districts' email addresses after pasting them into an email. (Alternatively, you may click here to access the teacher directory and manually access the email addresses.)
- If a teacher says “yes” to swapping with you, email the CDE Student Coordinators at email@example.com and copy in the swapping teacher so that all parties can confirm the change. (It is NOT necessary to contact the CDE superintendent.)
- NOTE: Ag Issues Forum, Marketing Plan, Ag Sales, and the presentation portion of Ag Communications are scheduled events. The order of schools within the posted event timeframe will be communicated after registration closes. If needed, work with other schools and the specific event superintendent to request a different report time.
If you receive a “no” to any of the questions above, see if you can adjust the other event with which you have the conflict. If that is not possible, you will likely have to coach your student(s) through a potentially difficult decision as they decide which event they will give up and in which event they will participate.
Does the scheduling conflict involve something other than a CDE?If so, please contact Sarah Heideman with NDE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNL/FFA Senior Celebration
Are you a member of Nebraska FFA? Then we want to celebrate your decision to attend the University of Nebraska-Lincoln as part of the Nebraska State FFA Convention activities in April. We know you have missed out on numerous senior year activities, so we want to have fun by highlighting you and your fellow future Huskers!
Simply submit two photos of yourself and let us know what you are most excited about in the coming year. The Senior Celebration video will premiere at 6 pm on Thursday, April 8th ahead of the State FFA Convention pre-session. Any Nebraska FFA member who is planning on attending the University of Nebraska–Lincoln in the fall of 2021 is welcome to participate. We can’t wait to celebrate with you!
Please complete the below form in its entirety to receive a special gift from UNL that will be mailed to your FFA Chapter before Convention. Additionally, TWO lucky winners will receive a $250 gift card to the University Bookstore which can be used to purchase textbooks, supplies, Husker apparel, and more.
Click here to submit this form no later than Monday, March 15th at 4:00 p.m. Central Time!
Mad Lib Mania
Live Event: Friday, April 9 at 6:00 p.m. before the final session.
Let’s go old school and have some creative fun for State Convention! FFA members can complete a Husker-themed Mad Lib (or two) and compete with other members for the statewide title. Entries will be judged by CASNR Student Ambassadors and prizes will be given in multiple categories. Winners will be announced live on April 9th!
Registration Link: https://go.unl.edu/ffamadlib