Matt Kreifels teaches courses inb leadership and field experiences and works with student teachers and beginning agriscience teachers, including:
- ALEC 135, Early Field Experiences
- ALEC 234, Planning Leadership and Experience Programs
- ALEC 331, Supervised Field Experiences
- ALEC 405L, Methods of Instruction Laboratory Education
- ALEC 431, Student Teaching
- ALEC 804, Problems of the Beginning Agriscience Teacher
He coordinates professional development for current Nebraska agricultural education teachers, manages the Nebraska Beginning Teacher program connected to ALEC 804, and coordinates the Nebraska Career Development Events.
Kreifels earned his bachelor's degree in agricultural sciences from UNL and his master's degree in curriculum and instruction from Wayne State College. From 2010-2018, he served in a dual appointment between UNL and the Nebraska Department of Education as the State Director of Agricultural Education. Before coming to UNL in 2010, Kreifels taught agricultural education courses and served as FFA advisor for nine years at Blair High School. He is also a doctoral student in Human Sciences with a specialization in Leadership Studies at UNL.