Register for Nebraska Career Development Events
You must register for the Nebraska Career Development Events using the online system. Please be sure to read all the instructions below so you successfully register your teams between March 2 - 16. Registration will close on March 16 by 5:00 p.m. (CDT).
- Your username is your firstname.lastname (ex. john.smith).
- If you do not remember your password or are a new teacher, enter your username and click the "Forgot your password?" link and a temporary password will be instantly emailed to you. If you do not receive your password within two minutes, email or call the CDE Student Coordinators (see below).
- Registration Instructions
- Text Alerts & Notifications
- Resolving Scheduling Conflicts
- Campus Parking Permits
CDE Registration Instructions
- After logging in, verify the information is correct in “Step #1 – My Information,” including the My Information. Update the list of students located in the “My Students” button to be sure it includes all students who will participate in CDEs. Use the “Add Student” button in the top-right to add additional students. Please do not delete students from this list unless they no longer attend your school.
- Choose “Step #2 – Event Registration” and scroll down to see the list of Career Development Events. Choose an event and drag students to fill the participant and alternate spots.
- District NAEA Chairpersons will identify district-qualified teams. You will not be able to register your qualified teams until they are identified by the district chairperson. If you think that you should be able to register a team but it is not listed, please contact your District NAEA Chairperson, as he/she is the only person who can mark which teams have qualified.
- Only registered alternates will be allowed to substitute the day of the event.
- CDE events with multiple sections are assigned to you based on your district. Check the CDE Schedule to see when and where your school will participate.
FFA Convention Registration Information
Registration for the Nebraska FFA State Convention takes place through the same online system and includes general registration, registration options for specific events, and much more. Please see the registration instructions located on the Nebraska FFA Webpage located here.
- Invoices will be generated and emailed to teachers after registration closes. Teachers will receive two invoices - one for the Nebraska Career Development Events and one for the Nebraska FFA Convention. Each invoice requires a DIFFERENT check and mailing destination. DO NOT SEND PAYMENT BEFORE RECEIVING THE EMAILED INVOICE!A copy of the invoice should be included with the check.
- Changes can be made until the registration deadline. After that, no refunds will be issued.
- Registration must be entered no later than 5:00 p.m. (CDT) on March 16.
- Payment must be postmarked by May 1 to avoid late fees.
Other Registration Questions?
Contact the CDE Student Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org (402. 937. 0233) with questions!
UNL Youth Activity Safety Policy Notice
The University of Nebraska - Lincoln has adopted a Youth Activity Safety Policy for activities that take place in UNL facilities and with UNL staff and students. As the designated sponsor for your school/FFA chapter, please be aware of the Youth Activity Safety Policy on this site: http://police.unl.edu/campus-youth-activity-safety-policy. By having your students participate in UNL-affiliated activities, including Career Development Events, tours, and other events during the FFA Convention, April 1-3, 2020, you indicate that you have read, understand, and will comply with the UNL Youth Activity Safety Policy. The University of Nebraska - Lincoln has a strong interest in protecting the safety of youth on our campus is are happy to serve as a partner in the Nebraska FFA Convention.
CDE Text Alerts and Push Notifications
Receive updates for Nebraska Career Development Events and the entire Nebraska FFA Convention, including finalist announcements and more. Teachers, students, and supporters are welcome to receive these alerts.
Resolving a Scheduling Conflict with a CDE
At times, students participating in CDEs may have a scheduling conflict with another event. Please answer the following questions to see if your CDE team may be able to "swap" sections to resolve the scheduling conflict. All "swaps" must be made and communicated to the CDE office by Wednesday, March 18 at 5:00 p.m. CDT using the process below.
Does the scheduling conflict involve a CDE?
- If yes, click here to see if the CDE offers multiple time slots/sections based on District numbers.
- If yes, would swapping with a school from a different time slot/section/District solve the issue?
- If yes, see which schools have been identified from that other section:
- Contact the teacher with whom you would like to swap to see if they would agree with the change. NEW: To easily do so from the links above, click the "Email District XX Participants" button and then click the "Copy Contact List" button and paste the email addresses into a new email. You may copy multiple districts' email addresses after pasting them into an email. (Alternatively, you may click here to access the teacher directory and manually access the email addresses.)
- If a teacher says “yes” to swapping with you, email the CDE Student Coordinators at email@example.com and copy in the swapping teacher so that all parties can confirm the change. (It is NOT necessary to contact the CDE superintendent.)
- NOTE: Ag Issues Forum, Marketing Plan, Ag Sales are scheduled events. The order of schools within the posted event timeframe will be communicated after registration closes. If needed, work with other schools and the specific event superintendent to request a different report time.
If you receive a “no” to any of the questions above, see if you can adjust the other event with which you have the conflict. If that is not possible, you will likely have to coach your student(s) through a potentially difficult decision as they decide which event they will give up and in which event they will participate.
Campus Parking Permit Information
Parking on UNL East Campus requires a parking pass. Passes must be purchased at the time of registration and will be distributed in the packets provided by the Nebraska FFA Association. See the East Campus CDE & Convention map for parking locations.
Parking Pass Options Include:
- 3-Day Car/Van UNL East Campus Parking Permit (Wednesday - Friday) - $18.00
- 3-Day Bus UNL East Campus Parking Permit (Wednesday - Friday) - $60.00
- 2-Day Car/Van UNL East Campus Parking Permit (Wednesday & Thursday) - $14.00
- 2-Day Bus UNL East Campus Parking Permit (Wednesday & Thursday) - $48.00
- 1-Day Car/Van UNL East Campus Parking Permit (Friday) - $7.00
- 1-Day Bus UNL East Campus Parking Permit (Friday) - $24.00
Reminder: The only events on East Campus on Friday are the Livestock Evaluation CDE and Poultry Evaluation CDE. Free shuttles are available between Pinnacle Bank Arena and UNL East Campus for students and chaperones.