Developing Human Potential
Enrolling in the Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communication (ALEC) offers many choices of courses and programs to suit your interests and career plans. You are invited to contact our faculty members for information and specifics about our programs.
The ALEC Department serves clients of the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources, especially those involved in agriculture, natural resources, the environment, and youth and community development.
ALEC Vision/Strategic Plan
The leader in developing extraordinary teachers, leaders, and communicators, and delivering critical information for Nebraska's agricultural and natural resources needs in an ever-changing world.
We achieve our vision through:
- excellence in teaching through research and best practices;
- premier development and delivery of timely, relevant information from Nebraska's land-grant institution;
- education and preparing leaders, teachers, and communicators for career success;
- developing engaged and productive citizens;
- providing innovative strategies and solutions, which support teaching, research, extension, and industry; and
- establishing strategic partnerships within industry and communities.
ALEC Core Values
We seek to build a collaborative environment within ALEC and beyond.
We foster a trusting, open, and inclusive environment by treating each other with respect and dignity.
We are committed to continuous improvement to enhance the quality of what we do.
Culture of Service
We meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our students, stakeholders, and each other.
We seek to understand and address how our actions affect the global environment, and how global issues affect us.